What is called Erythroblastosis

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help. I recently heard a term called Erythroblastosis and I'm not sure what it means. I was hoping someone here can help me out. Can anyone explain to me what Erythroblastosis is and what it is related to? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Erythroblastosis is a medical condition involving the presence of abnormal red blood cells in the bloodstream. It is also known as hemolytic anemia or hemolytic disease. It occurs when the body produces too many red blood cells, or when the red blood cells are destroyed faster than they can be replaced. Erythroblastosis can be caused by a number of different conditions, including congenital disorders, autoimmune diseases, and infections. Symptoms of erythroblastosis can include fatigue, shortness of breath, pale skin, jaundice, and swelling in the legs, feet, and abdomen. Treatment of erythroblastosis typically involves treating the underlying cause, as well as medications such as antibiotics and anticoagulants to manage symptoms.