What is asphyxia Wikipedia

strawberry

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm looking for help with a topic I'm researching. I'm trying to learn more about "asphyxia" and I was wondering if anyone here has some information about it. I've looked up the Wikipedia page, but I'm still a bit confused about what it is. Can anyone explain it to me, or point me in the right direction? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Asphyxia, also known as suffocation, occurs when a person's oxygen supply is cut off or when they are unable to breathe. It is a serious and potentially life-threatening medical emergency. Asphyxia can be caused by a variety of factors, including choking, drowning, strangulation, smoke inhalation, and exposure to certain chemicals or toxins. Without prompt medical attention, the lack of oxygen can cause serious damage to the organs and the brain, leading to disability or death. Treatment of asphyxia depends on the cause and can include cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), oxygen therapy, and other supportive care.