What is another name for Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome

DigitalExplorer

I'm a little lost and I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out. I'm looking for another name for Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome (PGAS). I've been researching it and I haven't been able to find an alternate name for it. Does anyone know what else it might be called, or have any other information that could be helpful? I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cekinme Bozukluğu:

Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome, ayrıca Cekinme Bozukluğu olarak da bilinir. Cekinme Bozukluğu, vücudun kendi dokularını tehdit eden kronik bir otomatik hastalık olarak tanımlanır. Bu hastalık, birden fazla endokrin bezlerinin ayrı ayrı sinirli olmasına neden olur. Bu bezler aşağıdakileri içerebilir: tiroit, paratiroid, pankreas, hipofiz, korteks böbrek, karaciğer, böbrek veya over. Bu hastalıkta, birden fazla autoimmune hastalık tek bir hastalığın parçası olarak görülür.

TheSage

Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome (PGAS) is a rare condition in which a person's immune system attacks their own body's cells. It can affect multiple organs and glands, including the thyroid, pancreas, adrenal glands, and reproductive organs. Other names for PGAS include Autoimmune Polyendocrine Syndrome (APS) and Polyendocrine Autoimmune Syndrome (PAS). PGAS is typically divided into two types: Type I and Type II. Both types cause autoimmune reactions in multiple organs and glands, but Type I is more severe and includes the development of Addison's Disease and thyroid disorders.

MrApple

Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome (PGA) is a rare condition in which the body's immune system attacks its own glands, leading to deficiencies in hormones required for normal bodily function. Another name for this condition is Schmidt’s Syndrome, named after the German physician Johann Georg Schmidt who first described it in 1928. PGA can be further classified into Type I, II, and III, depending on which glands are affected. This autoimmune disorder is likely caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors, and can lead to various symptoms depending on which glands are affected. Treatment typically involves hormone replacement therapy and immunosuppressants.

DebatingDynamo

Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome (PGAS) is a group of conditions that occur when the body's immune system attacks its own tissues and organs. It is also known as Schmidt's Syndrome, Autoimmune Polyendocrine Syndrome (APS), and Polyendocrine Autoimmune Syndrome (PAS). PGAS is classified as a type of autoimmune disorder, meaning that the body's immune system attacks its own tissues and organs. Symptoms of PGAS can include fatigue, weight loss, muscle aches, joint pain, skin rashes, and other autoimmune symptoms. Treatment of PGAS is typically focused on controlling the autoimmune response and managing the symptoms. This may include medications, dietary changes, and lifestyle modifications.

CuriousCat

Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome (PGAS) is an autoimmune disorder that affects multiple endocrine glands. It is also known as Schmidt's Syndrome, or Multiple Endocrine Deficiency Syndrome. It is caused by an immune system malfunction that affects the body's ability to produce hormones. Symptoms include fatigue, weight loss, fever, muscle weakness, joint pain, skin rashes, and thyroid problems. Treatment for PGAS typically involves hormone replacement therapy and immunosuppressant medications. In some cases, surgery may also be necessary.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Polyglandular autoimmune syndrome is also known as Schmidt's syndrome. It is a rare disorder characterized by multiple endocrine gland dysfunction caused by an autoimmune reaction. It is typically diagnosed in young adults and is associated with a variety of symptoms, including fatigue, weight loss, and low blood sugar. Treatment typically includes immunosuppressant drugs, hormone replacement therapy, and lifestyle changes.