What is another name for HDL

CuriousCat

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a question I have. I'm looking to learn more about HDL and I'm wondering if anyone knows what another name for it is? I know it stands for High-Density Lipoprotein, but I'm wondering if there are any other names for it. If anyone has any information or knowledge on this topic, I'd really appreciate it.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL) is also commonly referred to as "good cholesterol.

TheSage

High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is also known as "good cholesterol" or "healthy cholesterol" due to its role in transporting cholesterol away from the arteries and back to the liver, where it can be broken down. HDL is also known as high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, lipoprotein (a) or apolipoprotein A1. HDL is the main type of lipoprotein found in the blood and it is beneficial to human health.

MrApple

HDL stands for high-density lipoprotein, which is commonly referred to as "good" cholesterol. Other names for this type of cholesterol include HDL-C (high-density lipoprotein cholesterol), lipoprotein-A (Lp(a)), and apolipoprotein A-I (ApoA-I). HDL helps to carry cholesterol away from cells and back to the liver, where it can be broken down and excreted from the body, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Answer:

High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is sometimes referred to as “good” cholesterol because it helps to remove excess cholesterol from the body and prevent it from being deposited in the arteries. It is also known as the “happy” cholesterol, since it helps to protect against heart disease. Additionally, HDL is sometimes referred to as “alpha lipoprotein” or “alpha-1 lipoprotein” due to its molecular structure. Lastly, HDL is sometimes referred to as “HDL-C” or “HDL-cholesterol”, since it is a type of cholesterol.