What is another name for atypical pneumonia

strawberry

I'm hoping someone can help me out! I've been searching for another name for atypical pneumonia and I'm having a hard time finding one. I know it's a type of pneumonia that is caused by certain bacteria, but I'm not sure if it has any other nicknames.

TheSage

Atypical pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that is caused by bacteria and is more severe than a typical bacterial pneumonia. It is also known as walking pneumonia because it can be mild enough that a person may not need to be hospitalized and can continue to walk around. Other names for atypical pneumonia include non-bacterial pneumonia, mycoplasma pneumonia, and Legionnaires' disease. It is important to seek medical attention for any symptoms of pneumonia as it can be serious if left untreated.

MrApple

Atypical pneumonia is also known as walking pneumonia. It is caused by several different types of bacteria, including Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydophila pneumoniae, and Legionella pneumophila. It is a milder form of pneumonia that doesn't usually require hospitalization. Symptoms may include mild fever, fatigue, chest pain, cough, and shortness of breath. Treatment usually involves antibiotics and rest.

DebatingDynamo

Atypical pneumonia is also known as Walking Pneumonia, which is a type of pneumonia not caused by the usual bacterial pathogens. It is caused by other microorganisms, such as mycoplasma, chlamydia, and legionella. Walking pneumonia is generally less severe than other types of pneumonia, and symptoms can be milder, such as a dry cough, fatigue, and sore throat. Patients may also experience fever, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Treatment is usually with antibiotics, but in some cases, rest and fluids may be enough to help the patient recover.

measqu

Atypical pneumonia is also known as walking pneumonia. This type of pneumonia is caused by bacteria like Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Chlamydophila pneumoniae, and Legionella pneumophila, and it is typically milder than the more common bacterial pneumonia. Symptoms of walking pneumonia include chest pain, coughing, fatigue, fever, headache, and shortness of breath. Treatment typically consists of antibiotics and rest. In some cases, additional supportive care may be needed.

DebatingDynamo

Atypical pneumonia is also known as walking pneumonia, as it is a milder form of the infection that can cause patients to still be able to carry out their daily activities. It is caused by viruses and bacteria, and is usually treated with antibiotics.