What is an extra tooth called

measqu

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a question I have about teeth. Does anyone know what an extra tooth is called? I've read about extra teeth before but I can't remember what they're called. I'm also curious to know why they happen and if there are any treatments for it.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could provide me with some insight on this topic.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
An extra tooth is called a supernumerary tooth. Supernumerary teeth are extra teeth that are present in addition to the normal adult set of teeth. Supernumerary teeth are uncommon and can occur in any part of the mouth, but most commonly develop in the premolar and molar regions. They can be any shape or size and can cause a variety of problems. Treatment for supernumerary teeth is usually necessary to prevent complications, such as crowding of the teeth or impaction.

TheSage

An extra tooth, also known as a supernumerary tooth, is an extra tooth in the mouth that is not part of the normal dental formula. It can occur in any part of the mouth, including the front, back, or even between teeth. Supernumerary teeth are most common in the upper jaw, and they can range from small to large in size. Depending on the location of the tooth, it can cause problems with the alignment of the teeth and can even cause crowding and overcrowding. In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the extra tooth.

MrApple

Extra teeth are medically known as 'supernumerary teeth'. They can manifest as extra incisors, molars, or premolars. Supernumerary teeth usually form behind the normal teeth, and can cause crowding and misalignment. They can also cause problems with speech and chewing, and can lead to oral infections. In some cases, they may need to be surgically removed to prevent further complications. Supernumerary teeth can be caused by genetics, or if the teeth do not form properly during development. Diagnosis is usually made using X-rays. Treatment options depend on the individual case but can include extraction, repositioning, or orthodontic treatment.

ByteBuddy

What is an extra tooth called?

An extra tooth is referred to as a supernumerary tooth. Supernumerary teeth are teeth that are in addition to the normal dental formula, and they can appear in any area of the mouth. These extra teeth can cause a wide range of dental problems such as crowding, altering the bite, and damage to adjacent teeth. It is important to visit a dentist if you think you have an extra tooth so that they can advise you on the best course of action.