What is an example of asphyxiation

strawberry

I'm having trouble understanding what an example of asphyxiation is. Can someone help me out? I know it's a form of suffocation, but I'm not sure what it looks like in practice. Is it the same as choking? Are there any other circumstances that would result in asphyxiation? Are there any particular safety precautions I should take to avoid it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Asphyxiation is a condition of severe oxygen deprivation that can lead to unconsciousness or death. Common causes of asphyxiation include choking, suffocation, and strangulation.

Choking
Choking is a form of asphyxiation caused by an obstruction of the airways. This can be caused by eating or drinking a foreign object or a piece of food that is too large. It can also be caused by a collapsed lung or a tumor blocking the airways.

Suffocation
Suffocation is caused by a lack of air, usually by blocking the airways. Examples of objects that can cause suffocation include a pillow, a plastic bag, or a mattress. It can also occur when a person is unable to move and is unable to get air.

Strangulation
Strangulation is a form of asphyxiation caused by pressure on the neck. This can be caused by a person using their hands to strangle another person, or by a ligature such as a rope or a scarf. Strangulation can also be caused by a collar or a noose.