What is allergic rhinitis that won't go away

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for help with a health issue I've been dealing with for some time. I have allergic rhinitis that won't go away, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and can provide some advice on how to treat it. I've tried over-the-counter medications, but they don't seem to help. Are there any other treatments that might work? Does anyone have any experience with this type of allergic rhinitis? I'd really appreciate any information that could help me.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis, commonly known as hay fever, is an allergic reaction that occurs when the body's immune system overreacts to airborne allergens such as pollen, dust, mold, and pet dander. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can range from mild to severe and can include sneezing, watery eyes, itchy eyes, congestion, and a runny nose. If left untreated, allergic rhinitis can cause long-term complications such as sinus infections, asthma, and ear infections.

Causes of Allergic Rhinitis That Won't Go Away

Allergic rhinitis can be caused by a variety of allergens, including pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and certain foods. Allergic rhinitis can also be triggered by colds and flu, environmental irritants such as smoke, strong odors, and certain medications.

Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis That Won't Go Away

The most common symptoms of allergic rhinitis that won't go away include sneezing, a runny or congested nose, itchy and watery eyes, and a sore throat. Other symptoms can include fatigue, headaches, and difficulty sleeping.

Treating Allergic Rhinitis That Won't Go Away

Treatment for allergic rhinitis that won't go away typically involves avoiding the allergens that trigger the symptoms and taking medications to relieve the symptoms. Over-the-counter antihistamines can help relieve sneezing, a runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes. Prescription medications such as nasal sprays or steroid medications can also be used to reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms. In severe cases, immunotherapy, or allergy shots, may be recommended.