What is Adie's pupil in both eyes

DreamWeaver

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm looking for information about Adie's pupil in both eyes. Has anyone here ever had any experience with this condition, or have any knowledge about it? I'm trying to learn more about it and would appreciate any resources or advice anyone might have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Adie's pupil refers to a neurological condition caused by a viral or bacterial infection. It results in an abnormally large pupil in one or both of the eyes that does not react to light. The condition can cause blurred vision, light sensitivity, and difficulty focusing. In some cases, Adie's pupil can be accompanied by other neurological symptoms such as slowed reflexes, muscle weakness, and balance problems. Treatment for Adie's pupil typically involves the use of eye drops or medications to reduce the size of the pupil. In more severe cases, surgery may be necessary to correct the pupil.

TheSage

Adie's pupil (also known as Holmes-Adie pupil) is an abnormally large and slow-reacting pupil. It can affect one or both eyes, and is caused by damage to the sympathetic nerves to the pupil. The pupil will constrict when exposed to light, but does not constrict fully, and can take a long time to return to its original size. It is usually accompanied by an absent or weak deep tendon reflex. Treatment is not usually necessary, as the condition is usually not painful or disabling.

MrApple

Adie's pupil is a type of disorder caused by damage to the nerves of the eye. It is characterized by a slow or absent response to light and a varying constriction to accommodation. It is an extremely rare condition and is usually a sign of underlying neurological dysfunction. It can also be caused by a variety of other causes such as brain injury, trauma, stroke or tumor. Treatment usually involves treating the underlying cause and may include medications or surgical treatments. In some cases, the pupil may never return to normal and may require lifelong monitoring.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Adie's pupil, or tonic pupil, is a neurological condition resulting from damage to the autonomic nervous system, usually caused by a viral infection. It is characterized by an abnormally slow pupil reaction to light. As a result, both pupils become enlarged and unresponsive to light, with one pupil being more affected than the other. The affected pupil will sometimes not constrict at all when exposed to light, or will constrict only slightly. Adie's pupil is a benign condition and does not typically require treatment. However, it can be associated with other more serious conditions and should be evaluated by a medical professional if symptoms persist.