What is a tongue fibroma

DigitalExplorer

"Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help from you all. I've recently heard about something called a tongue fibroma and I'm wondering what it is exactly. Could someone please explain what a tongue fibroma is and what causes it?

I'm also interested in learning more about the symptoms and treatments of this condition, so any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A tongue fibroma is a benign growth that can occur on the tongue of some people. It is a benign tumor that can grow on the surface of the tongue, usually in the form of a small, fleshy, pinkish bump. The growths typically range in size from 1 to 10 millimeters in diameter and are usually located near the tip of the tongue.

Tongue fibromas are a rare occurrence, and most cases are seen in adults over 40 years of age. They are usually painless and do not cause any other symptoms. However, they can sometimes cause difficulty with speech or swallowing, or create an uncomfortable sensation in the mouth.

Tongue fibromas are typically diagnosed with a visual exam. In some cases, a biopsy may be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment for tongue fibromas is usually not necessary, as the growths are generally harmless. If the fibroma causes discomfort or interferes with speaking or eating, it can be removed using a simple surgical procedure.