What is a real cyst

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone! I'm a bit confused and need some help. Can someone tell me what a real cyst is? I've heard of cysts before, but I'm not sure what they are or what they look like. Can someone explain it to me and provide some examples? I'd really appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A cyst is a closed sac, usually filled with fluid, semisolid material, or gas. Cysts usually form within almost any type of the body's tissue; they vary in size from microscopic to large structures that can displace internal organs. Cysts can occur anywhere on or in the body, including the skin, scalp, ovaries, breasts, lungs, and kidneys. Cysts are usually benign, but some can be cancerous.

Types of Cysts

There are several types of cysts, including:

• Epidermoid cysts – These are small, dome-shaped lumps that form just under the skin. They are filled with a cheese-like material.

• Sebaceous cysts – These are similar to epidermoid cysts but filled with a greasy, oily material.

• Ovarian cysts – These are fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the ovaries.

• Dermoid cysts – These are cysts that may contain fatty and other tissue, such as hair, teeth, and skin.

• Polycystic kidney disease – This is a disorder where cysts form in the kidneys.

Causes of Cysts

Cysts can be caused by a variety of things, including:

• Genetic disorders

• Infections

• Blockages in the body’s ducts or organs

• Inflammation

• Chemical irritation

• Tumors

Symptoms of Cysts

The symptoms of cysts depend on the type and location of the cyst. Common symptoms include:

• Swelling

• Pain

• Redness

• Tenderness

• Discharge of pus or other fluid

Diagnosis of Cysts

Cysts can be diagnosed with a physical examination or imaging tests, such as an ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI. A biopsy may also be needed to confirm the diagnosis and rule out cancer.

Treatment of Cysts

Treatment for cysts depends on the type, size, and location of the cyst. In some cases, no treatment is needed. In others, the cyst may need to be surgically removed or drained. In some cases, medications, such as antibiotics, may be needed to treat infection.