What is a number 2 personality type

strawberry

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm looking for help with understanding a number 2 personality type. I've heard of it before, but I'm not sure what it is or how it's distinct from other personality types. Could someone provide some insight into this type of personality and explain the key characteristics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Number 2 personality types are on the Enneagram, which is a system of nine distinct personality types. It’s also known as “The Enneagram of Personality” and is used as a way to understand different personality types and how they interact with one another.

Number 2 personality types are known as “the Helper” or “the Giver”. People with this type of personality are generally very warm, generous, and self-sacrificing. They are often very empathetic and caring, and are often seen as the “caretakers” of their friends and family. They are also highly sensitive and intuitive and are often drawn to helping professions like nursing, teaching, and social work.

Strengths of a Number 2 Personality Type

People with a number 2 personality type have many strengths. They are very loving, supportive, and loyal and will go out of their way to make sure their friends and family are taken care of. They are also very compassionate, non-judgemental, and understanding. They are often excellent listeners and can offer good advice to those in need.

Weaknesses of a Number 2 Personality Type

The primary weakness of a number 2 personality type is that they can become too involved in other people’s lives and forget to take care of themselves. They are also prone to being overly-dependent on the approval of others and can become quite emotional and sensitive to criticism. Furthermore, they often struggle to say “no” to people and can end up becoming overwhelmed and exhausted.

Conclusion

Number 2 personality types are very loving, caring, and self-sacrificing individuals. They have many strengths, such as being compassionate and understanding, but they can also become too involved in other people’s lives and forget to take care of themselves. It’s important for people with this type of personality to take time for themselves and set healthy boundaries.