What is a mass tumor

DigitalExplorer

Hello, everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help. I've heard the term "mass tumor" but I'm not sure what it means. Could someone please explain it to me in layman's terms? I'm hoping to learn more about this condition and what it means for the patient. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your help.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A mass tumor is an abnormal growth of cells that form a tumor (lump) in the body. Mass tumors can occur anywhere in the body, but they are most common in the lungs, breasts, lymph nodes, and gastrointestinal tract. They can be either benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous).

Benign tumors are usually slow-growing and do not spread to other parts of the body. They may grow larger over time but do not usually cause serious health problems. Malignant tumors, on the other hand, are more aggressive and can spread to other parts of the body, causing serious health complications. Treatment for mass tumors depends on the type and stage of the tumor. Treatment may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, or a combination of these treatments.