What is a hemolysis CBC result

measqu

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help understanding what a hemolysis CBC result is. From what I've read, it appears to be related to blood tests, but I'm not quite sure what it indicates or why it's important. Can anyone please explain what a hemolysis CBC result is and why it's important? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A hemolysis CBC result is a test result from a Complete Blood Count (CBC) that reveals the presence of hemolysis. Hemolysis is an abnormal breakdown of red blood cells, and it can be caused by a variety of factors, including infection, certain medications, and exposure to toxins. The CBC test is a standard test used to evaluate a person's overall health by measuring the amount of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets in the blood. A hemolysis CBC result may indicate that there is an issue with the red blood cells or their production. It is important to note that a hemolysis CBC result is not a diagnosis; further testing and evaluation may be necessary to determine the cause of the hemolysis and to identify any underlying medical conditions or other issues.