What is a delayed complication of COVID-19

DigitalExplorer

I recently heard about a delayed complication of COVID-19 being reported in some cases, but I'm not sure what it is. Could anyone who is knowledgeable about COVID-19 please explain what this delayed complication is? Is it something I should be worried about, or is it something that can be easily treated? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
COVID-19 can lead to a variety of delayed complications, including long-term lung damage, heart issues, and neurological problems.

Lung Damage

One of the most common delayed complications of COVID-19 is lung damage. This can take the form of inflammation or scarring in the lungs, which can lead to difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, and other respiratory symptoms. In some cases, this damage can be permanent.

Heart Issues

COVID-19 can also cause or worsen existing heart issues. This can include inflammation of the heart muscle, called myocarditis, which can lead to an irregular heartbeat, chest pain, and other symptoms. It can also cause clots to form in the arteries, which can lead to a stroke.

Neurological Problems

COVID-19 can also cause neurological problems, such as confusion, headaches, and difficulty concentrating. These symptoms can last for weeks or even months after the initial infection. In some cases, neurological problems can be permanent.