What is a BPD Favourite person

ByteBuddy

"Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice. I have a friend who has Borderline Personality Disorder and she often talks about her favorite person. I'm not sure what this means, and I was hoping someone here might be able to explain it to me. Can anyone help me understand what a BPD favorite person is? Any insight would be really appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) favorite person is someone who the individual with BPD feels an intense connection and admiration for. This person can be a family member, a friend, or even a figure of authority. The individual with BPD tends to place high expectations on their favorite person, and may become overly dependent on them for emotional support. It is important that the favorite person is able to provide the individual with BPD with a safe and supportive environment in order to help them manage their symptoms.

Defining a BPD Favorite Person

A BPD favorite person is someone who the individual with BPD feels an intense connection and admiration for. This person can be a family member, a friend, or even a figure of authority. The individual with BPD tends to place high expectations on their favorite person, and may become overly dependent on them for emotional support.

Recognizing a BPD Favorite Person

The individual with BPD may express their admiration for their favorite person in a variety of ways. They may express their admiration verbally or through gestures or gifts. They may also express their admiration by demonstrating a willingness to do anything for their favorite person. Additionally, they may express their admiration through their behavior, such as trying to please their favorite person or trying to be the perfect version of themselves for them.

Managing a BPD Favorite Person Relationship

It is important that the favorite person is able to provide the individual with BPD with a safe and supportive environment in order to help them manage their symptoms. It is important that the favorite person is understanding and patient, and is willing to listen and provide support. Additionally, it is important that the favorite person does not place too much pressure on the individual with BPD, as this can cause them to become overwhelmed. It is also important that the favorite person is able to set boundaries and remind the individual with BPD of their limits.