What is a benign fibroma

strawberry

I'm hoping someone can help me out - I'm trying to learn more about benign fibromas. What is it exactly? Is it something serious? Are there any treatments or ways to prevent it? Any advice or information would be really appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Benign fibroma is a type of noncancerous growth that is most commonly found on the skin. It is usually a small, fleshy bump that is typically firm to the touch. The growths may vary in size and generally do not cause any pain or discomfort. Benign fibromas are usually diagnosed through a physical examination. In some cases, a biopsy may be necessary to make a definitive diagnosis.

Treatment for benign fibromas is generally not necessary except in cases where the growths become irritated or cause discomfort. In these cases, they can be removed through various surgical methods.

Symptoms of Benign Fibromas

The most common symptom of a benign fibroma is a small, fleshy bump on the skin. The growths are usually firm to the touch and do not cause any pain or discomfort. They can vary in size from a few millimeters to several centimeters.

Causes of Benign Fibromas

The exact cause of benign fibromas is not known. However, it is thought that they are related to genetics and/or environmental factors.

Diagnosis of Benign Fibromas

Benign fibromas are usually diagnosed through a physical examination. In some cases, a biopsy may be necessary to make a definitive diagnosis.

Treatment of Benign Fibromas

Treatment for benign fibromas is generally not necessary except in cases where the growths become irritated or cause discomfort. In these cases, they can be removed through various surgical methods.