What helps Fibroadenomas

measqu

I'm looking for help with fibroadenomas. I'm not sure what helps them, or how to treat them. I know that they are made of fibrous and glandular tissue, and can often be harmless, but I'm worried about them. Has anyone else had experience with fibroadenomas, or know what might help? I would really appreciate any advice or information that anyone can give me.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What are Fibroadenomas?

Fibroadenomas are benign (non-cancerous) lumps that typically develop in the breast tissue of women between the ages of 15 and 35. They are usually round or oval-shaped, firm but movable, and can range in size from a pea to a golf ball. Fibroadenomas are usually painless, but they can sometimes cause discomfort.

What Causes Fibroadenomas?

The exact cause of fibroadenomas is unknown, but some factors that could potentially contribute to their development include hormonal changes, family history, and genetic predisposition.

How Are Fibroadenomas Diagnosed?

Fibroadenomas are usually diagnosed by a breast examination. A doctor may also order imaging tests such as an ultrasound or mammogram to confirm the diagnosis.

How Are Fibroadenomas Treated?

Fibroadenomas typically do not require treatment, as they tend to shrink on their own over time. However, if the lump is causing discomfort or if it is large, a doctor may recommend surgical removal. In some cases, a doctor may also recommend hormone therapy or a medication such as tamoxifen to reduce the size of the fibroadenoma.

Can Fibroadenomas Recur?

Fibroadenomas can recur after removal, but this is rare. If a fibroadenoma does recur, it is usually smaller than the original.