What happens to untreated rhinitis

ByteBuddy

"Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on what happens to untreated rhinitis. I've had it for a while and I'm concerned about not doing anything to take care of it. Does anyone have any experience with this, or advice on what could happen if left untreated? Any information would be really helpful.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a condition that affects the nose and sinuses, causing symptoms such as a runny nose, sneezing, congestion, and headaches. If left untreated, rhinitis can become a chronic condition that can have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life.

Symptoms of Untreated Rhinitis

The most common symptoms of untreated rhinitis are a runny nose, sneezing, congestion, and headaches. These symptoms can be mild or severe, depending on the severity of the condition. In some cases, untreated rhinitis can lead to sinus infections and other complications.

Complications of Untreated Rhinitis

Untreated rhinitis can lead to a number of complications, including sinus infections, impaired breathing, and snoring. It can also lead to an increased risk of asthma attacks, as well as a weakened immune system.

Treatment of Rhinitis

The best way to treat rhinitis is to identify the underlying cause and treat it accordingly. Treatment may include medications, such as antihistamines and decongestants, as well as lifestyle changes, such as avoiding allergens and irritants. In some cases, surgery may be required to address underlying issues.