What happens if you leave rhinitis untreated

ByteBuddy

I'm struggling with untreated rhinitis and I'm not sure what I should do. Has anyone else been in this situation and can offer any advice? What are the risks of leaving rhinitis untreated? Are there any long-term effects I should be aware of? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a condition of the nose that occurs when the nasal membranes become inflamed. It can be caused by allergies, irritants, or infections. If left untreated, rhinitis can lead to a number of serious health issues, including sinus infection, asthma, and even pneumonia.

Effects of Untreated Rhinitis

When rhinitis is left untreated, the inflammation in the nasal passages can lead to a number of health complications. These include:

Sinus Infection: Sinus infections can occur when the swollen nasal passages block the sinus openings, trapping bacteria and mucus inside. This can result in a painful sinus infection with symptoms such as facial pain and pressure, nasal congestion, and a thick yellow-green nasal discharge.

Asthma: Allergens and irritants that trigger rhinitis can also cause asthma. This can lead to breathing difficulties, coughing, and chest tightness.

Pneumonia: In some cases, untreated rhinitis can lead to a bacterial infection in the lungs, known as pneumonia. Symptoms of pneumonia include fever, chills, and chest pain.

Preventative Treatment

If you suffer from rhinitis, it is important to seek treatment to prevent the condition from becoming worse. Treatment may include avoiding allergens or irritants, taking antihistamines, using nasal sprays, or using nasal irrigation. These measures can help reduce inflammation and prevent serious health complications.