What happens if the gum cyst is not removed

DigitalExplorer

I'm worried about a gum cyst I've discovered in my mouth. I've read that it needs to be surgically removed, but I'm wondering what happens if it's not. Is it dangerous to leave it untreated? Are there any other risks associated with not removing the cyst? Can it spread to other parts of the body? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If a gum cyst is not removed, it can lead to a number of problems. In some cases, the cyst can become infected, causing pain and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, the infection can spread to other parts of the mouth and even the body. In more serious cases, the cyst can become large and cause serious damage to the underlying bone. In some cases, the cyst can even cause a tooth to become loose or fall out.

Symptoms of an Untreated Gum Cyst

The most common symptom of an untreated gum cyst is pain and swelling in the gums. Other signs and symptoms include:

• An unpleasant taste in the mouth

• Bad breath
• Gum discoloration
• Gum recession
• Pain when eating or brushing teeth
• Loose teeth

Treatment for an Untreated Gum Cyst

Treatment for an untreated gum cyst typically involves draining the cyst and removing any infected tissue. In some cases, antibiotics may be prescribed to help clear up any infection. If the cyst is very large or causing significant damage to the underlying bone, surgery may be recommended. After treatment, it is important to practice good oral hygiene and visit your dentist regularly to monitor the cyst and prevent it from recurring.