What happens if rhinitis is not treated

strawberry

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question about rhinitis. Does anyone know what happens if rhinitis is not treated? I'm really concerned about it, because I've been suffering from rhinitis for some time now and I'm worried that if I don't get it treated, there could be some serious consequences.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the mucous membranes that line the nose. If left untreated, rhinitis can cause a variety of uncomfortable symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, and facial pressure. Additionally, complications such as sinus infections, asthma, and sleep apnea may develop if rhinitis isn't treated properly.

Symptoms of Untreated Rhinitis

When rhinitis is left untreated, the symptoms can become more severe and may include:

• Sneezing
• Runny nose
• Nasal congestion
• Facial pressure
• Headache
• Itchy eyes
• Cough
• Postnasal drip
• Bad breath

Complications of Untreated Rhinitis

If rhinitis is left untreated, a number of complications can occur, including:

• Sinus infections
• Asthma
• Sleep apnea
• Ear infections
• Allergic rhinitis
• Nasal polyps

Treatment of Rhinitis

The treatment of rhinitis depends on the underlying cause. Allergic rhinitis can be treated with medications, such as antihistamines and nasal steroids, as well as lifestyle changes, such as avoiding triggers and using an air purifier. Non-allergic rhinitis may be treated with medications, such as decongestants, nasal sprays, and antibiotics, as well as lifestyle changes, such as avoiding irritants. If rhinitis is caused by an infection, antibiotics may be prescribed.