What happens if a dental cyst is not removed

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on what happens if a dental cyst is not removed. I recently had some X-rays done and the dentist found a cyst in my tooth. They said it should be removed, but I'm not sure what the consequences would be if I didn't get it taken out. Has anyone been in the same situation? If so, what did you do and what were the results? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Dental cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can develop in the jaws. They occur when the cells that make up the teeth and jawbone become overgrown. While most cysts are benign, they can become problematic if left untreated. If a dental cyst is not removed, it can lead to infections, damage to teeth and surrounding structures, and even cancer.

What Causes a Dental Cyst?

Dental cysts are usually caused by trauma or infection. Traumatic injuries to the teeth or jaw can cause bone cells to become overgrown, creating a cyst. Infection with bacteria or fungus can also lead to the formation of a cyst.

What Are the Symptoms of a Dental Cyst?

The most common symptom of a dental cyst is a visible lump or bump on the face or jaw. This can cause pain, swelling, and tenderness in the area. Other symptoms can include difficulty opening the mouth, numbness in the area, and changes in the shape of the face or jaw.

What Are the Treatment Options for a Dental Cyst?

The most common treatment for a dental cyst is surgical removal. The cyst is removed through an incision in the gum line or jawbone. Depending on the size and location of the cyst, the procedure can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. In some cases, antibiotics may be prescribed to prevent infection.

What Happens if a Dental Cyst is Not Removed?

If a dental cyst is not removed, it can lead to serious health complications. The cyst can become infected, leading to pain and swelling. It can also cause damage to the teeth and surrounding structures. In some cases, the cyst can become cancerous. For this reason, it is important to get any suspicious lumps or bumps checked by a dentist as soon as possible.