What gets rid of pancreatitis pain

DigitalExplorer

"Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me with a question I have. I have been recently diagnosed with pancreatitis and am looking for some relief from the pain. Does anyone have any advice on what gets rid of pancreatitis pain? I am open to any and all suggestions, so I would greatly appreciate your help.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Medication

Medication is the first line of treatment for pancreatitis pain. Your doctor may prescribe pain relievers, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), acetaminophen, opioids, or antispasmodic medications. Other medications used to treat pancreatitis pain include anti-nausea drugs, antacids, and medications that reduce the production of stomach acid.

Dietary Changes

Dietary changes can help reduce pancreatitis pain. Your doctor may recommend low-fat foods and eliminating alcohol and cigarettes. Your doctor may also suggest avoiding certain foods that can irritate your pancreas.

Surgery

In some cases, surgery is necessary to relieve pancreatitis pain. Your doctor may recommend a procedure called a pancreatic sphincterotomy. This procedure is used to open the sphincter muscle that surrounds the pancreatic duct. This can help reduce pain and improve digestion.