What does Fibroepithelial tumor mean

IdeaGenius

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me understand what a Fibroepithelial tumor is. I recently heard the term and I'm curious to know more about it. Is it a type of cancer? What are the symptoms? How is it treated? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Fibroepithelial tumors are a type of noncancerous (benign) growths that can develop in different parts of the body. These tumors are composed of both fibrous tissue and epithelial cells, which are the cells that line the organs and other body structures. Fibroepithelial tumors are usually small and may cause no symptoms, although they can become large enough to cause pain or discomfort. Although fibroepithelial tumors are not usually dangerous, they can sometimes become cancerous, so it is important to have them checked out by a doctor.

Symptoms

Fibroepithelial tumors are usually asymptomatic, meaning that they cause no symptoms. However, they can sometimes become large enough to cause pain or discomfort. In addition, some fibroepithelial tumors may grow in areas where they press against nerves or other structures, resulting in pain or other symptoms.

Diagnosis

Fibroepithelial tumors are usually diagnosed with imaging tests such as CT scans, MRI scans, or ultrasounds. In some cases, a biopsy may be necessary to make a definitive diagnosis.

Treatment

Most fibroepithelial tumors are noncancerous and do not require treatment. However, if the tumor is causing pain or discomfort, the doctor may recommend surgery to remove it. In some cases, a biopsy may be necessary to make sure that the tumor is not cancerous.