What does elevated LDH mean

DigitalExplorer

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some help. I recently had some blood tests done and the results showed my LDH levels were elevated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase) is an enzyme found in most of the body's cells and is a measure of the body's overall cell damage. An elevated LDH level indicates that there is damage somewhere in the body. This damage can be caused by a variety of conditions such as infection, tissue damage, heart attack, cancer, and liver disease.

What Causes Elevated LDH Levels?

The most common causes of elevated LDH levels are infections, tissue damage, heart attack, cancer, and liver disease. Other possible causes include autoimmune diseases, anemia, and certain medications.

How is LDH Measured?

LDH is measured with a blood test. The test measures the amount of the enzyme in the blood and compares it to a normal range. If the level is higher than normal, it indicates that there is cell damage in the body.

What Does an Elevated LDH Level Mean?

An elevated LDH level can indicate a variety of conditions. It is important to speak with your doctor about the results of the test to determine the cause of the elevated level. Your doctor may order additional tests to help diagnose the cause of your elevated LDH level.