What does a benign tumor do

CuriousCat

I'm hoping to get some help from other forum users. I'm curious to know what a benign tumor does. I know that it's not cancerous, but I'm not sure what it does or how it impacts the body. Is it something that can be removed or is it something that we just have to live with? Are there any other symptoms associated with benign tumors? I'd really appreciate any information or advice that anyone can provide.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Benign Tumors:

What is a Benign Tumor?

A benign tumor is a noncancerous growth of tissue. It is not usually life-threatening and often can be removed with surgery. Benign tumors can occur in any tissue or organ and can vary in size and shape.

What Causes Benign Tumors?

The exact cause of benign tumors is not known, but it is believed to be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. These include exposure to certain chemicals, radiation, or viruses.

What Are the Symptoms of a Benign Tumor?

The symptoms of a benign tumor depend on where it is located. Common symptoms include a lump or swelling in the affected area, pain, and changes in how the affected area looks or functions.

How Are Benign Tumors Diagnosed?

Benign tumors are typically diagnosed with imaging tests such as an MRI, CT scan, or X-ray. A biopsy may also be done to confirm the diagnosis.

How Are Benign Tumors Treated?

Treatment for benign tumors usually involves surgery to remove the tumor. This is usually the only treatment needed, but in some cases, chemotherapy or radiation may be recommended.