What do doctors prescribe for allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some help with understanding what doctors prescribe for allergic rhinitis. I've been dealing with it for a few years and I'm looking for more information on what type of medications I should be asking my doctor about. Can anyone offer some insight on what kind of medications are available to treat allergic rhinitis? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Doctors may prescribe several treatments for allergic rhinitis, depending on the severity of the symptoms. These include:

Medications

Antihistamines: These drugs can help relieve sneezing, itching, and a runny nose caused by an allergic reaction.

Decongestants: These medications help reduce swelling in your nasal passages.

Corticosteroids: These drugs reduce inflammation and may be given as nasal sprays or pills.

Allergy shots: These immunotherapy injections can help reduce your sensitivity to specific allergens.

Other Treatments

Avoidance of allergens: Avoiding triggers such as pollen, mold, and pet dander can help reduce or eliminate symptoms.

Nasal irrigation: Rinsing out your nasal passages with a saline solution can help reduce inflammation and flush out allergens.

Humidifiers: Using a humidifier can help keep the air in your home moist, which can help reduce dryness and irritation in your nasal passages.