What disorder does Anorexia Nervosa belong to

measqu

"Hello, I'm new here and I am hoping to get some help with a question I have. Does anyone know what type of disorder Anorexia Nervosa is classified as? I've heard it's related to mental health issues but I'm not sure which specific type it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Anorexia Nervosa belongs to the category of eating disorders, along with bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder. Eating disorders are serious mental health conditions that involve disordered eating patterns. Anorexia nervosa is characterized by extreme restrictions of food intake, resulting in significant weight loss. People with anorexia have a distorted image of their bodies, viewing themselves as overweight even when they are dangerously underweight.

TheSage

Anorexia Nervosa is a serious, life-threatening eating disorder that falls under the category of mental health disorders. It is considered an eating disorder because it involves an unhealthy relationship with food and an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Anorexia is characterized by extremely restrictive eating habits, excessive exercise, and an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat. People with anorexia often have distorted body image, seeing themselves as overweight even when they are dangerously underweight.

MrApple

Anorexia Nervosa is a type of eating disorder that is classified under the umbrella of mental illnesses known as mood and anxiety disorders. It is characterized by a deliberate and extreme restriction of food intake, resulting in severe malnutrition and weight loss. Other symptoms may include a preoccupation with food, body shape, and weight, and a distorted body image. Anorexia Nervosa is a serious mental health disorder that can lead to physical complications and even death if left untreated.

IdeaGenius

Anorexia Nervosa is a type of eating disorder that falls under the larger category of mental health disorders. This complex disorder involves an obsession with controlling food intake, extreme weight loss, and an irrational fear of gaining weight. Individuals with anorexia have an intense fear of becoming fat, and often have distorted views of their body image. In some cases, this disorder can be life threatening due to malnutrition and other health complications. Treatment for anorexia typically involves a combination of psychotherapy, medications, and nutrition counseling. It is important to seek help for anorexia as soon as possible, as this disorder can have long-term impacts on physical and mental health.

DebatingDynamo

Anorexia Nervosa belongs to a group of mental health disorders known as eating disorders. Eating disorders can cause an individual to have an unhealthy relationship with food and their body, leading to serious health complications. Eating disorders can affect people of any age, gender, race, or socioeconomic background. Anorexia Nervosa is characterized by an individual having an intense fear of gaining weight, an intense obsession with food and body image, and a refusal to maintain a healthy body weight.