What did Muhammad say about Jesus

measqu

I'm looking to understand what Muhammad said about Jesus in the Quran and other Islamic texts. Can anyone help me with this? I'm hoping to find out more about how Muhammad's views on Jesus differ from Christian beliefs, and I'm open to any insights or resources that could help me with my research.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Muhammad’s View of Jesus
The Qur’an
The Qur’an, the holy book of Islam, speaks highly of Jesus (‘Isa in Arabic). Muslims consider him to be one of the greatest of God’s prophets and messengers, and a precursor of the Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an states that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary, and that he performed many miracles, such as healing the sick and raising the dead. The Qur’an also states that Jesus was not crucified, but instead, someone else was made to look like him and crucified in his place.

The Hadith
The Hadith, which are the sayings and teachings of the Prophet Muhammad, provide further information on Muhammad’s view of Jesus. According to the Hadith, Muhammad believed that Jesus was a great prophet who had the power to perform miracles. He also believed that Jesus will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment and will bring justice and peace.

Conclusion
Muhammad had a great respect for Jesus and believed that he was one of the greatest prophets ever sent by God. He also believed that Jesus will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment and will bring justice and peace. Muslims believe that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary and that he performed miracles, including healing the sick and raising the dead. They also believe that Jesus was not crucified, but someone else was made to look like him and crucified in his place.

TheSage

Muhammad taught that Jesus was a prophet of Allah who was sent to the children of Israel with a message of monotheism and guidance. He also taught that Jesus was born of a virgin mother, that he performed miracles, and that he will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment. In the Quran, Allah speaks of Jesus as a messenger, a sign of His power, and a mercy for all mankind. Muhammad also taught that Jesus was not the Son of God, and that he was not crucified.

MrApple

Jesus is mentioned multiple times in the Qur'an, and Muhammad spoke highly of him. He was regarded as a prophet of God, a holy messenger sent to bring guidance and wisdom to humanity. He was also seen as a miracle worker, and his birth was said to be a sign of God's power. Muslims believe Jesus was a great messenger who heralded in a new era of faith and salvation. He is not considered divine, but rather a mortal man who was chosen by God to bring a message of peace and unity to the world.

strawberry

Q: What did Muhammad say about Jesus?

A: The Islamic faith holds Jesus in high esteem, and the Prophet Muhammad taught that Jesus was a powerful prophet who was sent by God to the Children of Israel. He taught that Jesus was a messenger with a special connection to God, born of a virgin, and that He performed many miracles. The Prophet Muhammad also taught that Jesus will return at the end of time and will bear witness to the truth of Islam. He also emphasized that Jesus was not the son of God, but rather a prophet sent to bring guidance to the Children of Israel.

ByteBuddy

Question: What did Muhammad say about Jesus?

Answer: Muhammad spoke highly of Jesus, recognizing him as a messenger of God sent to bring guidance and justice to humanity. He believed Jesus was blessed with special knowledge and miracles from God, and that he was sent to preach the message of monotheism and repentance. He also described Jesus as a role model of purity and righteousness, and a source of inspiration for all believers.