What conditions can a epididymal cyst lead to

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have a question about epididymal cysts. I recently found out that I may have one and I'm looking to learn more about the potential conditions it may cause. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this topic? I'm wondering what conditions a epididymal cyst could lead to, and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Epididymal cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can form in the epididymis, a tube located at the back of the testicles. These cysts are usually painless and harmless, however, they can cause certain complications if left untreated. In this article, we will discuss what conditions can a epididymal cyst lead to.

Symptoms of Epididymal Cysts

The most common symptom of an epididymal cyst is a lump or swelling in the scrotum. This swelling is usually painless and can vary in size. Other symptoms include a dull ache in the testicles, a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.

Complications of Epididymal Cysts

If left untreated, epididymal cysts can cause several complications. These include the following:

• Infertility: The cyst can cause a blockage of sperm, leading to infertility.

• Infection: The cyst can become infected, causing pain, swelling, and redness in the scrotum.

• Testicular torsion: The cyst can cause the testicle to twist, leading to severe pain, swelling, and discoloration of the scrotum.

• Torsion of the spermatic cord: The cyst can cause the spermatic cord to twist, leading to pain, swelling, and discoloration of the scrotum.

• Testicular cancer: Epididymal cysts can increase the risk of developing testicular cancer.

Diagnosis and Treatment of Epididymal Cysts

Epididymal cysts can be diagnosed through physical examination and ultrasound imaging. Treatment usually involves draining the cyst or surgically removing it. In some cases, antibiotics may be prescribed to treat infection.