What conditions are associated with AML

strawberry

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm looking for help with a topic that I'm not familiar with. I'm wondering what conditions are associated with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). Can anyone provide me with some information about this? I'd really appreciate any help or advice that I can get.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is AML?

Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a type of cancer that affects the blood and bone marrow. It is characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that accumulate in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells.

Symptoms of AML

Common symptoms of AML include fatigue, shortness of breath, easy bruising or bleeding, frequent infections, and feeling weak or tired.

Risk Factors for AML

The exact cause of AML is unknown, but certain factors increase a person’s risk of developing the disease, including: age, certain genetic conditions, radiation exposure, and certain types of chemotherapy.

Complications of AML

Complications of AML include anemia, infection, and bleeding. The disease can also spread to other parts of the body, such as the lungs and brain.