What characters have antisocial personality disorder

measqu

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for help and advice from other users on characters that have been diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. I'm a psychology student writing an essay on the topic, and I'm having trouble finding concrete examples of characters in literature or film who have been diagnosed with the disorder. Does anyone have any insight or experiences in this area that they'd be willing to share?

I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum

Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) is a mental health condition characterized by a pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others. People with this disorder are often referred to as sociopaths or psychopaths and may have difficulty forming meaningful relationships with others, display a lack of empathy and remorse, and exhibit impulsive or aggressive behavior.

Fictional Characters with ASPD

There are many fictional characters that have been portrayed as having ASPD. Some of the most iconic characters include:

• Patrick Bateman from American Psycho
• Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs
• Frank Abagnale Jr. from Catch Me if You Can
• Jack Nicholson’s character in The Shining
• Walter White from Breaking Bad
• Tyler Durden from Fight Club
• Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange
• Norman Bates from Psycho
• The Joker from Batman
• Severus Snape from Harry Potter
• Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones

Real People with ASPD

Although these characters are fictional, there are real people with ASPD. Some famous people who have been diagnosed with this disorder include:

• Ted Bundy
• John Wayne Gacy
• Jeffrey Dahmer
• Charles Manson
• Albert DeSalvo
• Richard Ramirez
• Scott Peterson
• Gary Ridgway
• Aileen Wuornos

Treatment

ASPD is a serious mental health condition and is often difficult to treat. Treatment may involve a combination of psychotherapy, medication, and lifestyle changes. It is important to seek medical help if you or someone you know is displaying signs of ASPD.