What causes prolonged allergic rhinitis

CuriousCat

I am looking for help about what causes prolonged allergic rhinitis. I have been suffering from this condition for a few months now, and it doesn't seem to be improving. Can anyone tell me what could be causing my prolonged allergic rhinitis? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Prolonged Allergic Rhinitis Causes

Allergic rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal passages caused by an allergic reaction to airborne particles. Prolonged allergic rhinitis, also known as chronic rhinitis or non-allergic rhinitis, is a type of rhinitis that is caused by environmental or lifestyle factors. Prolonged allergic rhinitis can last for months or even years, and can cause a wide range of symptoms, including nasal congestion, post-nasal drip, sneezing, headaches, fatigue, and coughing.

Allergens

The most common cause of prolonged allergic rhinitis is exposure to allergens, which are substances that trigger an allergic reaction. Common allergens that can cause prolonged allergic rhinitis include pollen, dust mites, mold, pet dander, and certain foods. Inhaling these allergens can cause an allergic reaction, which leads to inflammation of the nasal passages and the development of symptoms.

Irritants

In addition to allergens, prolonged allergic rhinitis can also be caused by exposure to irritants, such as smoke, strong odors, air pollution, and chemical fumes. These irritants can irritate the lining of the nasal passages, leading to inflammation and the development of symptoms.

Hormonal Changes

Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or during menopause, can also cause prolonged allergic rhinitis. These hormonal changes can cause changes in the body that make it more likely to develop an allergic reaction to certain substances.

Lifestyle Factors

Certain lifestyle factors can also play a role in the development of prolonged allergic rhinitis. These lifestyle factors include smoking, stress, poor diet, and lack of exercise. It is important to manage these lifestyle factors in order to reduce the risk of developing prolonged allergic rhinitis.

Medical Conditions

Certain medical conditions can also increase the risk of developing prolonged allergic rhinitis. These medical conditions include asthma, chronic sinusitis, and nasal polyps. It is important to be aware of these medical conditions and work with your doctor to manage them in order to reduce the risk of developing prolonged allergic rhinitis.