What causes lack of oxygen during birth

ByteBuddy

Hello, I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some help from other members. I am looking to learn more about what causes lack of oxygen during birth. Any insight or stories from those who have experienced this, or who have knowledge on the topic, would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in understanding more about the possible causes of oxygen deprivation and any treatments that may be available.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Risk Factors for Oxygen Deprivation During Birth

Maternal Health - Conditions that affect a mother's health during pregnancy can increase the risk of oxygen deprivation during birth, such as preeclampsia, diabetes, and high blood pressure.

Fetal Health - Fetal health conditions that can increase the risk of oxygen deprivation during birth include umbilical cord abnormalities, growth restriction, and placental abruption.

Infection - Infections can cause inflammation in the mother or baby, leading to oxygen deprivation during birth.

Delivery Complications - Delivery complications, such as a prolonged labor, can increase the risk of oxygen deprivation.

Medications - Medications given to the mother or baby during labor can also increase the risk of oxygen deprivation.