What blood test shows inflammation in the body

DigitalExplorer

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice about what blood test shows inflammation in the body. I'm trying to figure out what test I should be getting, and I'm not sure what to look for.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Blood Test to Show Inflammation in the Body

When inflammation is suspected in the body, one of the most common tests used to detect it is a blood test. This type of test is helpful in diagnosing many conditions, including infectious diseases, auto-immune diseases, allergies, and other inflammatory diseases.

C-reactive protein (CRP) is a protein that is produced by the liver in response to inflammation. It is the most common marker used to measure inflammation in the body. A high CRP level is a sign of inflammation, and a low level indicates that there is no inflammation present.

Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) is another blood test used to measure inflammation in the body. The rate at which red blood cells settle in a test tube is measured and used to determine the amount of inflammation present. A high ESR is an indication of inflammation, while a low ESR indicates that there is no inflammation present.

White blood cell count (WBC) is another indicator of inflammation. An increased white blood cell count means that there is inflammation present, while a decrease indicates that there is no inflammation.

Liver enzymes are also used to measure inflammation in the body. A high level of certain enzymes, such as alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST), indicates that there is inflammation present.

Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) is a protein that is produced by the body in response to inflammation. A high TNF level indicates that there is inflammation present in the body.

By measuring these markers in the blood, it is possible to determine whether or not there is inflammation present in the body. A combination of these tests can help to diagnose the cause of the inflammation and provide treatment to reduce or eliminate it.