What autoimmune disorder has symptoms similar to those of cancer

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help understanding an autoimmune disorder that has symptoms similar to those of cancer. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of disorder or know anyone who does? I'd really appreciate any information you can provide, as I'm looking to educate myself more on the subject.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Autoimmune disorders are a group of disorders in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells and tissue, causing inflammation, tissue damage, and other symptoms. Some autoimmune disorders have symptoms that are similar to those of cancer, including fatigue, weight loss, fever, and night sweats.

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)

Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disorder that affects the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, and other organs. Symptoms of SLE include fatigue, fever, joint pain, skin rashes, and hair loss. In some cases, SLE can cause organ damage, and the disease can be difficult to diagnose.

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disorder that affects the joints. Symptoms of RA include joint pain, stiffness, swelling, fatigue, and loss of appetite. RA can also cause inflammation in other organs, and can lead to joint damage if left untreated.

Sjogren's Syndrome

Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder that affects the glands that produce tears and saliva. Symptoms of Sjogren's syndrome include dry eyes, dry mouth, fatigue, joint pain, and dry skin. In some cases, Sjogren's syndrome can cause organ damage.

Hashimoto's Disease

Hashimoto's disease is an autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid gland. Symptoms of Hashimoto's disease include fatigue, weight gain, hair loss, cold intolerance, and constipation. In some cases, Hashimoto's disease can cause amenorrhea or infertility.

Vasculitis

Vasculitis is an autoimmune disorder that affects the blood vessels. Symptoms of vasculitis include fever, rash, joint pain, fatigue, and weight loss. In some cases, vasculitis can cause organ damage, and can lead to death if left untreated.