What autoimmune disease is to do with blood

ByteBuddy

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help understanding an autoimmune disease that has something to do with blood. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have been researching what an autoimmune disease is and how it affects the body, but haven't been able to find anything regarding a specific autoimmune disease that is related to blood. I am hoping to gain some insight from others who may have been through the same or a similar experience.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Autoimmune diseases are conditions that occur when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissue. Several autoimmune diseases can involve the blood, including systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS).

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)

Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease that can affect many parts of the body, including the skin, joints, and internal organs. In SLE, the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy parts of the body, including the red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. This can lead to anemia, increased risk of infection, and abnormal bleeding.

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disorder that affects the joints. In RA, the immune system mistakenly attacks the synovial joints, which are the joints of the body that move. This can cause swelling, pain, and stiffness in the joints. In some cases, RA can also affect the blood, causing anemia and an increased risk of infection.

Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)

Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS) is an autoimmune disorder that can affect the blood. In APS, the body produces antibodies that mistakenly attack phospholipids, which are fats found in the body. This can lead to an increased risk of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks. It can also cause anemia, low platelet count, and increased risk of infection.