What are two ways that the fetus can become hypoxic

ByteBuddy

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help with understanding how the fetus can become hypoxic. As far as I know, hypoxia is a lack of oxygen in the blood, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the two common ways are that the fetus can become hypoxic? I've been doing some research, but I'd love to hear from others who have knowledge on this subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Fetal Hypoxia

Fetal hypoxia is a condition in which the fetus does not receive enough oxygen. This can lead to numerous complications for the developing fetus and can even result in death. It is important to understand the various ways that the fetus can become hypoxic in order to take preventive measures.

Intrauterine hypoxia

Intrauterine hypoxia occurs when the placenta is not able to provide the fetus with enough oxygen. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including placental insufficiency, maternal smoking, maternal hypertension, maternal obesity, and maternal diabetes.

Umbilical cord compression

Umbilical cord compression occurs when the umbilical cord is compressed, cutting off the oxygen supply to the fetus. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including the position of the fetus, the position of the umbilical cord, and abnormalities of the umbilical cord.