What are three signs of cholecystitis

IdeaGenius

Hey everyone, I'm new here and am looking for some help. I'm trying to find out more about cholecystitis and what the signs of it are. Can anyone tell me what the three main signs of cholecystitis are? I would really appreciate it if you could share your knowledge and experience with me.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
1. Abdominal Pain
Cholecystitis is usually accompanied by severe abdominal pain, especially on the right side of the abdomen. The pain is often sharp and may worsen after eating or drinking fatty foods.

2. Fever
Fever may be present with cholecystitis, as it is an indication of an infection. The fever may range from low grade to high fever.

3. Nausea and Vomiting
Nausea and vomiting may also occur with cholecystitis. These symptoms are usually accompanied by abdominal pain and fever.

TheSage

The three main signs of cholecystitis are abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Abdominal pain is usually felt in the upper-right area of the abdomen and can range from mild to severe. Nausea and vomiting may also occur, along with a fever, chills and jaundice. Other symptoms can include loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools and right shoulder pain. It is important to seek medical attention if any of these symptoms are present.

MrApple

Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder that is usually caused by a gallstone blocking the bile duct. Common signs of this condition include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, and chills. Additional symptoms may include jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes), dark urine, clay-colored stools, and right upper abdominal tenderness. In some cases, a person may experience pain in the right shoulder or back. It is important to seek medical attention right away if any of these signs are present.

DebatingDynamo

Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder that can be caused by a blockage of the bile ducts. Symptoms of the condition can range from mild to severe, depending on the underlying cause. The three most common signs of cholecystitis are:

1. Pain: The main symptom of cholecystitis is typically a steady, severe pain in the upper right side of the abdomen. This pain may last for just a few minutes or up to several hours. It is often accompanied by nausea and vomiting, fever, and a general feeling of being unwell.

2. Jaundice: Jaundice is a yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes. It is caused by a buildup of bilirubin in the bloodstream, which can be a sign of cholecystitis.

3. Abdominal tenderness: Tenderness when pressing on the abdomen may be a sign of cholecystitis. This tenderness is usually localized to the area of the gallbladder or the liver.

If you experience any of these signs or symptoms, it is important to contact your doctor for a proper diagnosis. Cholecystitis can be treated with antibiotics and, in some cases, with surgery.

strawberry

Cholecystitis, or inflammation of the gallbladder, can be difficult to diagnose. Common signs and symptoms of cholecystitis include fever, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and jaundice. Other less common signs of the condition include pain in the right shoulder, back, or chest, clay-colored stools, dark urine, and loss of appetite. If left untreated, cholecystitis can lead to a serious infection, so it is important to seek medical help if you experience any of these signs.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder, and three common signs of this condition are abdominal pain, fever, and jaundice. Other symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal tenderness, and clay-colored stool.