What are three adverse reactions to Zithromax

strawberry

Hello! I would like to start a discussion about the potential adverse reactions to Zithromax. I heard that it has a few side effects, but I'm not sure what they are.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Common Adverse Reactions

The most common adverse reactions associated with Zithromax are diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and headache. Other side effects that have been reported include dizziness, rash, itching, and joint pain.

Uncommon Adverse Reactions

Less common adverse reactions to Zithromax include anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and liver damage. Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that can cause difficulty breathing, hives, and swelling in the throat or tongue. Stevens-Johnson syndrome is a rare skin disorder characterized by a rash that spreads and blisters, and can cause fever, chills, and fatigue. Liver damage can occur when too much of the drug is taken, or when it is taken for too long.

Rare Adverse Reactions

Very rare adverse reactions associated with Zithromax include hallucinations, confusion, and seizures. Hallucinations are visual or auditory sensations that are not real. Confusion is an inability to think clearly and can lead to disorientation and memory loss. Seizures are a disruption of the electrical activity of the brain, which can cause loss of consciousness and muscle control.