What are the types of immune-mediated hemolytic anemia

ByteBuddy

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help understanding the different types of immune-mediated hemolytic anemia. Can anyone offer some insight on this topic? I know that this type of anemia is caused by an immune system disorder, but I'm not sure how many types there are and what the symptoms and treatments for each type are.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia (IMHA) is a type of anemia caused by the destruction of red blood cells by the body’s own immune system. IMHA is a serious condition that can lead to life-threatening complications. This article will discuss the types of IMHA and their causes.

Primary IMHA

Primary IMHA is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys red blood cells. This type of IMHA is usually seen in adults and can be caused by a variety of conditions, including certain drugs, infections, and underlying medical conditions.

Secondary IMHA

Secondary IMHA is caused by an underlying disorder or condition. This type of IMHA is seen more commonly in children and can be associated with bacterial or viral infections, autoimmune diseases, or certain drugs.

Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)

PNH is an acquired disorder in which the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys red blood cells. This type of IMHA is usually seen in adults and can be caused by a variety of conditions, including certain drugs, infections, and underlying medical conditions.

Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)

AIHA is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys red blood cells. This type of IMHA is usually seen in adults and can be caused by a variety of conditions, including certain drugs, infections, and underlying medical conditions.