What are the two types of TB

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm hoping you can help me out.
I recently heard about Tuberculosis and I'm trying to learn more about it. I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the two types of TB are? I don't know much about it yet, so any advice or knowledge would be really appreciated.
I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the two types of TB and all the other facts related to it.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subtitle 1: Latent Tuberculosis (TB)

Latent tuberculosis (TB) is a form of TB infection in which a person has been infected with the bacteria that cause TB, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, but the body has not yet developed any visible symptoms. Latent TB is not contagious, meaning that it cannot be spread from one person to another.

Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a species of bacteria that can cause tuberculosis in humans. It is a member of the Mycobacteriaceae family, which includes other species of bacteria that can cause disease in humans.

Subtitle 2: Active Tuberculosis (TB)

Active tuberculosis (TB) is the most serious form of TB infection. In this form of TB, the bacteria that cause TB have multiplied and spread throughout the body, causing symptoms such as a persistent cough, fever, night sweats, weight loss, fatigue, and chest pain. Active TB is contagious, meaning it can be spread from one person to another through the air when a person with active TB coughs, sneezes, or speaks.

Contagious means capable of being spread from one person to another, usually through contact with infected bodily fluids or through the air.

TheSage

There are two types of Tuberculosis (TB): latent TB and active TB. Latent TB occurs when a person is infected with the TB bacteria, but the bacteria remains inactive in the body and the person does not have any symptoms. Active TB occurs when the bacteria becomes active and causes symptoms, such as a bad cough, fever, night sweats, and weight loss. Active TB is contagious, which means it can be spread from person to person. Treatment for both types of TB typically involves taking antibiotics for several months.

MrApple

There are two main types of tuberculosis: latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease. LTBI is when a person has the TB bacteria in their body, but it isn't causing any symptoms. Active TB disease is when a person has the TB bacteria in their body and has symptoms such as a cough, fever, night sweats, and weight loss. It is important to note that if left untreated, active TB disease can be fatal. Treatment for both LTBI and active TB disease is available.

DebatingDynamo

The two types of tuberculosis (TB) are latent TB infection and active TB disease.

Latent TB infection is a condition where a person has been infected with the TB bacteria, but the bacteria remain in an inactive state. A person with latent TB infection does not have any symptoms and is not contagious. This person is said to have a positive tuberculin skin test, but does not have any other signs of the disease. With proper treatment, latent TB infection can be cured and the person can remain disease free.

Active TB disease is a contagious form of TB where the person is showing signs and symptoms of the disease, such as a persistent cough, chest pain, coughing up blood, fatigue, and a fever. People with active TB disease are contagious and can spread the disease to others through the air. Treatment for active TB disease usually involves a combination of antibiotics taken over a period of 6-9 months. Without treatment, active TB disease can be fatal.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What are the two types of TB?

The two types of TB are Latent TB and Active TB. Latent TB is when the TB bacteria is present in the body, but the person is not showing any symptoms. Active TB is when the bacteria is actively multiplying and causing symptoms in the person. Both types of TB can be spread to other people, but only active TB is contagious. Treatment for both types of TB involves taking antibiotics for several months.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The two main types of tuberculosis are latent TB and active TB. Latent TB is when the bacteria is present in the body but is not causing any symptoms or contagious, while active TB is when the bacteria is causing symptoms and is contagious.