What are the top 3 most common mental illnesses

strawberry

I'm looking for help in understanding the top 3 most common mental illnesses. I'm interested in learning more about these illnesses, what symptoms they have, and what treatments are available. Does anyone have personal experience with this topic, or know of any reliable resources I can look into? I would really appreciate any advice or guidance anyone can provide.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Top 3 Most Common Mental Illnesses

Mental illnesses are among the most common health issues in the world today, affecting an estimated one in four people in the United States alone. While there are many types of mental illnesses, some are more common than others. Here are the top three most common mental illnesses:

Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States, affecting 40 million adults over the age of 18. Symptoms include excessive worry and fear, obsessive thoughts, difficulty sleeping, and restlessness.

Depression
Depression is the second-most common mental illness, affecting an estimated 16.2 million adults in the United States. Symptoms include feelings of worthlessness, loss of interest in activities, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and thoughts of suicide.

Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is the third-most common mental illness in the United States, affecting an estimated 5.7 million adults. Symptoms include extreme mood swings, depression, restlessness, and changes in energy and behavior.