What are the three things that can cause anemia

measqu

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I recently read that there are three main causes of anemia - but I'm not sure what they are. Can anyone explain what the three main causes of anemia are, and how they affect the body? I'd really appreciate any information or resources that might be available.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Causes of Anemia

Anemia is a condition where a person does not have enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to the body's tissues. It can be caused by a number of different things, including:

Blood Loss - Blood loss can be the result of an injury, surgery, childbirth, or a chronic condition such as ulcers or cancer.

Nutritional Deficiencies - Nutritional deficiencies, such as a lack of iron, folic acid, and B12, can cause anemia. People who do not have enough of these nutrients in their diet can develop anemia.

Destruction of Red Blood Cells - Certain diseases or conditions can destroy red blood cells faster than the body can produce them, leading to anemia. These conditions include infections, autoimmune disorders, bone marrow diseases, and certain types of cancer.