What are the three 3 views on the causes and control of criminal behavior

strawberry

"Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to understand the different views on the causes and control of criminal behavior and I'm having trouble understanding. Can anyone explain the three main views and provide examples? Any help would be much appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum: Biological Factors

The biological perspective on criminal behavior suggests that certain physical characteristics can make an individual more likely to commit a crime. This includes such physical characteristics as gender, race, and mental illness. Additionally, genetics and chemical imbalances have been suggested as potential factors in criminal behavior.

Subtitle Forum: Psychological Factors

The psychological perspective on criminal behavior suggests that an individual's experiences and environment can play a role in criminal behavior. This includes such factors as poverty, lack of education, family dynamics, and peer pressure. Additionally, psychological disorders such as depression and anxiety can also contribute to criminal behavior.

Subtitle Forum: Social Factors

The social perspective on criminal behavior suggests that certain social factors can increase the likelihood of criminal behavior. This includes such factors as social inequality, poverty, crime-prone neighborhoods, and lack of access to resources. Additionally, social media can also contribute to criminal behavior, as individuals can be exposed to criminal behavior through online platforms.