What are the tests for detection of cell mediated immunity

DreamWeaver

Hey everyone,

I’m hoping to get some help with a question I have about tests for detection of cell mediated immunity. Does anyone have any experience with this? Are there any reliable tests out there that can accurately detect cell mediated immunity? I’d really appreciate any advice or opinions on this topic.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cell-Mediated Immunity Tests

Cell-mediated immunity is a type of immunity that is mediated by specialized cells of the immune system. It is responsible for defending the body against viral infections, as well as against some types of cancer. There are several tests that can be used to detect cell-mediated immunity. These include:

T-Cell Receptor (TCR) Assays: TCR assays measure the activity of T-cells, which are a type of white blood cell involved in cell-mediated immunity. T-cells recognize antigens and activate the immune system to produce antibodies. TCR assays measure the levels of T-cells and their ability to recognize antigens.

Delayed-Type Hypersensitivity (DTH) Tests: DTH tests measure the ability of the immune system to recognize and respond to antigens. This is done by injecting a small amount of antigen into the skin and then observing the reaction. If the antigen is recognized, the body will produce an inflammatory response, which can be measured.

Cytokine Assays: Cytokines are proteins released by cells of the immune system that signal other cells to respond to a foreign substance. Cytokine assays measure the levels of these proteins in the blood, which can indicate the level of cell-mediated immunity.

Flow Cytometry: Flow cytometry is a technique that uses a special instrument to measure the size and structure of cells in the blood. This can be used to determine the levels of different types of white blood cells, including T-cells and B-cells, which are important for cell-mediated immunity.

Skin Tests: Skin tests are another method of measuring cell-mediated immunity. These tests involve injecting a small amount of antigen into the skin and then measuring the inflammatory response that occurs. The results can indicate the level of cell-mediated immunity.