What are the symptoms of severe allergies

IdeaGenius

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for help on the topic of severe allergies. I'm trying to understand what the symptoms are and how to recognize them. I've heard that some of the symptoms can be dangerous, so I'm hoping to get some advice and tips on how to recognize and manage them. Does anyone have any experience with this or information they can share? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Severe Allergies

Severe allergies can cause a range of symptoms including:

Hives are itchy, red welts on the skin that can appear suddenly and in large numbers. They may be accompanied by swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Angioedema is a condition that causes deep swelling in the skin, usually around the eyes and lips. It can also cause swelling in other areas of the body.

Anaphylaxis is a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction that affects multiple organ systems and can cause a severe drop in blood pressure. Symptoms include difficulty breathing, swelling of the throat, and dizziness.

Gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea can also occur.

Respiratory symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath may also occur.

Skin reactions such as eczema, contact dermatitis, and atopic dermatitis can also occur.

If you think you are having a severe allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.