What are the symptoms of oral cancer

CuriousCat

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help regarding oral cancer symptoms. I recently heard about someone who was diagnosed with oral cancer and I'm trying to learn more about it. Could anyone provide me with information about what the symptoms are? Any advice or information about this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question and I look forward to hearing your responses.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Oral Cancer

The primary symptoms of oral cancer include:

Patches – Patches of red, white, or speckled tissue may appear in the mouth. These patches can be sore or painless.

Sores – Sores in the mouth that don't heal within two weeks should be brought to the attention of a doctor.

Lumps – Lumps or growths in the mouth that last longer than two weeks should be examined by a doctor.

Bleeding – Unexplained bleeding in the mouth should be brought to the attention of a doctor.

Difficulty Swallowing – Difficulty swallowing or feeling that food is stuck in the throat can be a symptom of oral cancer.

Pain – Pain or tenderness in the mouth, jaw, or ear that does not go away should be checked by a doctor.

Numbness – Unexplained numbness in the mouth or face should be checked by a doctor.

Hoarseness – Sudden changes in the voice, such as hoarseness that does not go away, should be checked by a doctor.

Weight Loss – Unexplained weight loss should be discussed with a doctor.