What are the symptoms of long term allergies

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm wondering what the symptoms of long-term allergies are. I know that when you have allergies, you usually have sneezing, coughing, and a stuffy nose, but I'm not sure if those are the only symptoms, or if there are any other signs of allergies that come with the passage of time. I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has experience with long-term allergies could tell me what I should look out for.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Long-Term Allergies

Allergies are the body's immune system reaction to a foreign substance, such as pollen, dust mites, or pet dander. When the body encounters the allergen, it releases chemicals, such as histamine, that can cause symptoms such as runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and skin rash. Long-term allergies occur when the body is constantly exposed to the allergen, leading to chronic symptoms that can last for months or even years.

Nasal Congestion: Nasal congestion is one of the most common and bothersome symptoms of long-term allergies. This occurs when the nasal passages become inflamed and swollen, leading to difficulty breathing. In extreme cases, the nasal passages can become completely blocked, causing a feeling of “air hunger” and extreme discomfort.

Sneezing: Sneezing is another common symptom of long-term allergies. When the body is exposed to an allergen, it can cause a reflexive sneeze. In people with long-term allergies, the sneezing can be persistent and may be accompanied by a runny nose and watery eyes.

Coughing: Coughing is another symptom of long-term allergies. It can be caused by the body trying to clear the throat of irritating allergens. Coughing can also be a sign of asthma, which is often triggered by allergies.

Itching: Itching is a common symptom of long-term allergies. It is often caused by skin rashes or hives that are triggered by exposure to allergens. Itching can be very uncomfortable and can even interfere with sleep.

Fatigue: Fatigue is another symptom of long-term allergies. When the body is constantly exposed to allergens, it can cause a feeling of tiredness and lack of energy. This can make it difficult to concentrate and complete daily tasks.